USP as the key to success
USP is a unique selling proposition, without which it will be very difficult in a constantly developing world with modern technologies and innovations. And all because it will be able to distinguish the company from competitors, bring in the necessary information for potential and regular customers, and also clearly distinguish it from a huge number of other similar proposals.
How and Where did the unique selling proposition (USP) originate?
The concept of a unique selling proposition originated in the United States of America and even then its founder Rosser Reeves, describing in detail all the features, highlighted the basic definition – USP is the concentration of advertising on all the best properties of products and services that bring customers the benefits they really need.
From all that is highlighted, you can determine the basic rules for a unique selling proposition:
- it is necessary to focus on clear benefits for the client;
- the uniqueness of the provision of benefits against the background of competitors;
- a strong and frequent influence on the mind of the client, which is carried out thanks to a careful approach to all the rules together.
A particularly important point in a unique selling proposition depends on making decisions of users on an emotional level, after which logic and thinking about a particular product are included. You do not need to have an ideal or completely new and first of its kind product, it is important to correctly emphasize it and present it to a potential buyer.
How to create a USP for a business?
Most well-known brands and brands stand out due to the unique selling proposition, therefore, all interested companies should complete the following points:
- it is necessary to determine the most important and necessary characteristics and parameters of products, and much trust their buyers and customers, often conducting surveys and creating a really useful and high-quality product;
- after such an analysis, it is worth filtering and ranking all the data, according to the degree of importance;
- it is imperative to compare the company with the main competitors, take into account the advantages and disadvantages, try to fix everything, and you should not take a large number, but 3-5 firms will be enough.
Drawing up a unique selling proposition is a very laborious process, but high profits and popularity of the company in the market largely depend on it, with the special attention of buyers for a long time. However, the majority sin using a false and untrue USP, which, as a result, may not lead to anything good.
With a perfectly designed and presented a unique selling proposition, you can get the following benefits:
- you can forget about competition in price and, if possible, raise it a little, motivating that the quality has accordingly become higher;
- sales will become easier and more profitable;
- the same with repeated sales, if everything is of high quality, openly and honestly, then everything is easy and simple to do.
A good USP will help you in many of the necessary ways to get ahead, with great benefits.