External SEO optimization is a set of processes aimed at increasing the authority and visibility of a resource. In most cases, for these purposes, they resort to expanding the link mass of the site, i.e. to placing backlinks on donor pages. The promoted resource is called an acceptor.
The weight of the optimized acceptor site will increase in the eyes of search engines (Google, Yandex) almost proportionally to the increase in the number of donors from where links lead to the promoted resource. However, quantity does not replace quality. Optimization can achieve the desired result only with a harmonious combination of quality and quantity of external links.
The donor ranking is also important for the acceptor ranking. Bad resources can even harm your site, and good ones can increase its ranking many times over. Therefore, in the process of external optimization, you need to carefully select donor sites, forums, boards and other resources, filtering out potentially dangerous ones.
Backlinks: their types and differences
- Anchor link. They are sometimes referred to as hyperlinks or text links. They are disguised in the text for separate words, which coincide in subject with the promoted acceptor site. In this case, the anchor is highlighted in a different color or underline. To increase the relevance of the site being optimized, you can enter a key phrase for your resource in the anchor.
- Anchorless link. Such a link is not masked as part of the text. The user can see the full address of the acceptor. These can be websites of advertised brands or services, which are referred to in an article or blog. Statistics show that non-anchor links, especially those with long URLs, are less clickable than anchor ones.
- Subject link. These are any backlinks posted on resources similar in topic to the site being optimized. Example: Posting a link to a pet store on a dog breeder blog. This external optimization technique gives a good result and allows you to improve the site’s ranking. Search engine algorithms are designed in such a way that they are able to accurately determine the topics of both donor and acceptor.
- Eternal link. Such links are put in the new article forever. They are perceived by search engines as more authoritative, since they are placed in most cases naturally, which means they are fascinating and useful for the user.
- Rental link. These are paid links placed for a specific paid period. In light of external SEO optimization, temporary links are considered a controversial method. They can be defined as temporary only after deletion, which means that they are perceived as reliable eternal or even thematic links, but it is quite easy to get into the search engine’s ban with them. It all depends on the level of trust of the donor site.
Ways of external optimization
- Social networks are an effective and promising way of external website optimization. Here you need to filter out all kinds of spam in public, comments, etc. The effect will be provided only by a well-thought-out placement of the backlink and only in a natural way.
Example: a blog post with a direct link to the source, which will be the acceptor. Links in comments can also be effective in terms of external optimization, but only if they are placed under posts similar to your site.
You just need to register in all popular social networks, combine them with the promoted site and regularly make publications in which to insert links.
- Thematic Internet sites. Many SEO experts consider this method of external optimization to be one of the most effective. With the right approach, working with thematic resources will give a greater result than linking from social networks.
Posts on social networks lose their relevance relatively quickly, getting lost in the updated feed. Thematic sites remain popular for a long time, and the traffic to their pages has been kept at a high level for a long time.
- Link exchange. This is the most controversial external SEO optimization technique. For artificially building up the link mass, search engines are mercilessly fined, having learned to accurately identify such frauds. But it is important to remember one thing, you need to be careful and buy links gradually, do not interrupt the process unnecessarily.
- Directories. Many interesting catalog services have appeared on the Internet, where you can select the donors necessary to optimize your site.
- Forums. Another good way to build link building, and for free. It is important to approach the issue wisely and place links only on thematic resources, so as not to designate yourself as spam.
- Contextual advertising. Unproven, but we are confident that Google Ads promotes organic search. At a minimum, the search engine will receive data from your visitors, the depth of site browsing, the time spent on the site, whether the visitor received an exhaustive answer to his request or returned to the search and looks at competitors, etc.
- PBN network. For ease of understanding, a PBN is a series of sites that link to a promoted resource. Such a private grid makes it possible to increase the ranking of the promoted site and improve its characteristics in the light of search algorithms.
External SEO optimization should be carried out in conjunction with internal promotion. The site should be organic, informative and useful both in its content and when looking at it from the outside – from donor resources, forums and social networks.